Makeup, clothes, bags and SHOES what can I say I am a madly and deeply IN LOVE with fashion. Fashion now falls under a lot of things, that incudes FOOD the way furnish your house and even the books you read (if you know me back in high school…then you know I was a BOOK WARM). Yes I said it books, books come in and go out of fashion but literature remains. Just like in fashion, fashion might come and go but style is forever! ❤
For the upcoming blog posts (the next 3 or 4) will be mostly about makeup. I will be showing and talking about how I applied the makeup and review some of them. Will let me tell you a little secret I LOVE MAKEUP as much as SHOES! That coming me from me is a HUGE thing. So promise me that is will be between you and I. :p
Anyway let me go to the good stuff, in the post I will be talking about TWO makeup styles. One was I was wearing yesterday but recreated the look today. The other one is a FUN SPRING look that I hope you guys would enjoy. First I will show you what I was wearing yesterday then I will go more about the make. So stay tuned and keep on reading!
In this picture I am wearing:
- Mustered top: H&M
- Brown skull scarf: Artalkw (check it out Instagram)
- Jeans: American Eagle
- Shoes: Style Boutique (a store based in Kuwait)
I wore this look yesterday for university. I need something fast because I had to go to school early to print out some stuff. I knew that I wanted to wear my FABULOUS shoes that Style Boutique gave me. So I stayed most of the morning wonder what to wear with it, and then I told myself you can’t go wrong with jeans. I hope I was right, because I liked to believe I was. To check out my blog post about Style Boutique Grand Opening of their new branch press here.
Smokey Grey Eyes
Now let me go on and tell you how I applied my makeup for that day. Below you will see a close-up of the makeup.
I usally don’t wear dark eye makup in the day, especially in the mornings. However, that day I was inspired by dark grey and I really wanted to use my Too Faced pallet “Matte Eye Shadow collection.
For applying my makeup I used my PERFECTLY PLUSH BRUSH KIT Essentia that I got from MAC’s limited edition collection. I call these my personal brushes and I don’t use them on anyone but myslf.
From left to write the brushes:
- MAC 190SE: Foundation Brush
- MAC 129SE: Powder/Blush Brush
- MAC 275SE: Small Angle Shading Brush
- MAC 226SE: Small Tapered Blending Brush
- MAC 266SE: Small Angle Brush
My Too Faced “matte eye-shadow” pallet that I got from Sephora. From this platte I used the third line, which is the “grey” line of the pallet. This line is called the CLASSIC.
The swatches are the left side of the picture. The colours of the eye-shadow from left to right:
- London Fog
- Velveteen Bunny
The blush I used was from MAC from their limited edition line.
The blush is called “Easy Manner” and it’s stian finish.
How to apply this makeup look:
- Apply the colour Pebbles all over your eyelids till your crease using the MAC 275SE
- To your outer-V apply London Fog and blend it into your crease using the MAC 226SE
- Using the MAC 275SE apply Velveteen Bunny to your brow bones
- To your lashes apply London Fog using MAC 266SE
- In the inner corner of your eyes apply Velveteen Bunny using the MAC 266SE
- On the upper lash line apply MAC Carbon Eye shadow (not shown on the blog post) using the MAC 266SE
- After that I applied my foundation using the MAC 190SE, then apply your mascara
- I countered my face using the blush by MAC “Raizin” matte finish using the MAC 129ES. I countered my cheeks, forehead and nose
- After that I applied blush Easy Manner by MAC on the applies of my cheeks
- On my lips I applied MAC “Mocha” lipstick satin finish and MAC “Fashion Scoop” cremesheen glass to the centre of my lips
A Spring Fun Look
So I’ve had I got FABULOUSNESS 5 Smokey Eyes that I was from MAC’s limited edition line for some months now and I haven’t really used. They came out with this line with spring in mind, so I was like PERFECT I should create a makeup look using this pallet. I hope you like this look :D. I would even like to mention that even for this look I used my green makeup brushes that I got from MAC. Read more to see how I achieved this look!
I just love how the pallet looks like a mini wallet. It’s SUPER CUTE and lovely.
On the left side of the picture you can see how the pallet looks on the outside (just CUTE), and on the right side is the eye-shadows. From left to right of the eye-shadows the colours are:
- Taupeless (satin finish)
- Satin Taupe (satin finish)
- Love Spice (shimmery finish
- Vintage Allure (matt finish) Top
- Black Slip (stain finish) Bottom
To see the swatches of the eye-shadows please click here.
The lipstick that I used was aslo from MAC from their VIVA GLAM collection “Nicki” lipstick. I just love the soft brightness of the lipsick!
How to apply this makeup look:
- Apply Taupeless all over the eyelids till your crease using the MAC 275SE
- To your crease beleand in Satin Taupe using MAC 226SE
- To your outter-V apply and in Black Slip using also MAC 226SE
- With MAC 266SE apply Vintage Allure to your lower lashes
- Apply Love Spice to your inner corners and brow bone using MAC 226SE
- On your upper lashes apply Vintage Allure using the MAC 266SE to act as an eyeliner
- After that I applied my foundation using the MAC 190SE and applied my mascra
- Here I didn’t counter becase I wanted the makeup and face to be a bit soft, so I only applied MAC blush Easy Manner to the applies of cheeks
- Lastly I applied my lipstick “Nicki” VIVA GLAM by MAC
I really wish you liked these makeup looks. Tell me what you think in the comments below.